Thursday, January 4, 2018

Paper Photo Wallet


I created a birthday card for my father which I was planning to send with his package through my uncle. The problem is the card is bigger than the box so I had to come up with an instant replacement.


I started by stamping a Neenah Desert Storm cardstock with Simon Says Basic Stripes stamp set to create the background. I used the Misti Stamping Tool to re-stamp the stripe stamp repeatedly for a bold impression. I used different shades of brown for a gradient look. This panel is sized at 5 1/2"x4". I scored this panel at 1 7/8" and 2 1/8".



I am using the Lawn Fawn Selfie Frames die set to create the flip photo frames for my sons' photos. I die cut a white cardstock and traced the phone die cut onto a white cardstock for the backing of the flip photo frame. 

To connect the phone photo frames, I cut a 1/2" acetate strip and scored it on the middle. I used a strong adhesive to adhere this to the the solid white cardstock backing of the photo panel. I adhered the photos to the back of the phone die cuts, centering the photos to the opening. I adhered this to the back panels. To adhere this connected photo frames to the scored kraft cardstock, I used a scrap piece of kraft cardstock and scored it at the middle. I adhered a piece to the back of the first and last photo frame. I adhered the other end of the scored scrap to the inner side of the paper wallet except for the back side since I have to create the closure strap. I created a closure tab for the wallet by adhering two kraft strips, about 1/4" to make it thick. I created two scores on this strip, about 1/8" apart. I just eyeballed the score making sure I have enough strip to wrap around the opening of the wallet. I rounded one end of the strip. I adhered the other end to the inner back side of the paper wallet. This is the time I adhered the last photo frame tab to the inner back of the paper wallet.



I cut a hole on the front using a kraft knife. The hole should be long and wide enough to accommodate the closure tab. The photo wallet is pretty much done. Now, it is time to embellish it.


I just re-created the design of the birthday card I made for him. I stamped a smaller star stamp from Altenew Halftone Stars using varied dye inks. I used the Misti Tool so I can stamp the star multiple times with the last ink using Versamark so I can emboss it with Judikins Sparkle embossing powder. I die cut the star using the coordinating metal die. I die cut a fun foam using the next smaller star die. I adhered a bunched up DMC gold floss to the front of the wallet and secured this with the dimensional star. 

For the sentiment, I am using Altenew Label Love. I embossed this with white embossing powder on a brown cardstock. I traced the letters with a brown marker to make the letters more solid. 

To make this more personalized, I had my sons write their names on a cardstock strip. Ryan wanted to write on pink cardstock strip using a rainbow pattern. A potential crafter, what do you think?

Thank for you for taking time to visit my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at




1 comment:

  1. I love this, such a beautiful keepsake that I'm sure will be treasured.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete