Saturday, December 30, 2017

Felt Flower Corsage


I am behind in posting my finished projects. With the amount of posts I am doing right now, you would figure out how busy I was this past month.

I always try to create something new for my 11 y/o's band teacher for concerts. This is the first felt flower I have created for her.

I tried cutting the felt using the Cricut Explore but I failed again. On this occasion, I ironed a freezer paper to the back of the felt. I positioned this freezer backed felt to the Cricut mat. Despite using the purple mat (Strong Grip Adhesive Mat), the felt moved. I really wanted to use felt so I cut the flower image on freezer paper. I ironed this on the felt and used this as a template to cut the flower. The cut is really simple so I probably didn't need a template.


I poked a hole on the center to thread through a floral wire. Making sure the glue gun is ready, I rolled the flower and squirted the hot glue to the base of the flower. I sprayed glimmer mist to the felt flower and set it aside to dry.

For the leaves, I used the Ellen Hutson Bold Blossom Stand-Alone die. I adhered this to the base of the flower using glue gun. I covered the wire with floral tape.


I also created my personalized gift box for the flower corsage. I used the Martha Stewart Scoring Board to create the cardstock base and the acetate lid. Before I scored the acetate, I stamped the My Favorite Things Sheet Music Background Cling stamp using an Opaque White Stazon Opaque ink.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

1 comment: