Sunday, July 2, 2017

Combined Digis Friendship Card


Hello. It is time for a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog. Our theme for this challenge is Friends Forever. My images are from one of our challenge sponsors, Bugaboo. I printed both images in Neenah cardstock. I colored the images using Copic markers. I trimmed the computer image. I cut out the center of the computer using a craft knife to create a window. I lined the screen cut out with black marker for a finished look. I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card to do this technique.

I colored the sheep and rabbit images with Copic markers. I also colored the background using Copic markers. I used other markers to color since some of the images are small for the brush tip of Copic. But I saw that Copic sells fine tip nibs now. I can't wait to try it!

I positioned the sheep and the rabbit so it will be centered on the monitor. Using a pencil, I lightly outlined the monitor on the sheep and rabbit panel to give me an idea on how big I should cut this panel. I adhered an acetate to the back of the computer to cover the window. I adhered the sheep and rabbit panel using adhesive foam. I applied clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the keyboard keys.



For the layered panels, I dry embossed a kraft cardstock with a Cuttlebug Charles embossing folder. I dry embossed a black cardstock with a Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder. I matted these two panels on top of each other with the kraft cardstock on top. I applied more clear Wink of Stella to the edges of a white top folding note card. Since my black panel is smaller than a regular sized card, the shimmered edges will show. I adhered the panels and the computer panel to this. I customized the sentiment using Lawn Fawn Violet's ABC's Clear stamps stamped with Versafine Onyx Ink.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join us in today's challenge. I cannot wait to see your creations.

Maria Giselle



I am sharing this creation at



3 comments:

  1. hahaha! a FANTASTIC card using Bugaboo's darling image, Maria. Beautifully designed, and lots of fun! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun card. The details really make it pop. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card.
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete