Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Using Patterned Paper with Sentiment to Create a Card


I am still in Mina of Sing mode. I printed Elly twice on an 8 1/2"x11" cardstock. I positioned the image in a way that when I cut it in half, I end up with two top folding cards. You can see the first Mina card on my previous post on Animated Movie Inspired Sparkle & Shine Card. It is a one layer card with glittered embossing and using a metal die to create an impression on the cardstock.

For this card, I was aiming for another one layer card using the same steps as my first card but I made a mistake on my shim layers while I was embossing the metal die on the cardstock. This is after I have colored the image. I didn't really want to put to waste what I have already done so, I went ahead and die cut the image using a Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Circle die, the die I was using to create the impression. I adhered flower sequins to the scalloped border die cut. I adhered a flower sequin to every other scallop. When I was down to my last scallop, I figured that the scallops are odd numbered, leaving me with two scallops in between the sequin flowers. Oh well. It is too late to remove all the sequins. I just left it as is.

I adhered a circle fun foam to the back of the scalloped die cuts. I created  a ground for Elly using Copic markers. I masked the image and spritz W Plus 9 Shimmer Spray. I adhered flower sequins to the flower on Elly's head. I added Glossy accents to the skirt.


For the background, I used a Forever Friends patterned paper. I cut the paper, strategically centering the sentiment that is printed on the paper. I embellished the paper using a Sakura Clear Gel and White Gel pen. The flourishes has stitching print on it. I doodled on the other flourishes to re-create this stitching. I used a glue pen to trace on the sentiment, then heat embossed it using clear powder. I used the Sakura White Gel pen to outline this sentiment.

I added embossed stitching to the edges using Lawn Fawn Stitched borders. I added an arrow paper clip to cover a part of the bear that is part of the patterned paper. If I have a flower paper clip, I would have opted for that. I adhered the background panel to a top folding card, then adhered the scalloped die cut with the digital image.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.



I am sharing this creation at


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card! The little flowers and the skirt look adorable on Elly!

    ReplyDelete