I created this card long to coordinate with the stamp image. I am using Neat and Tangled On The Corner and On The Corner Addition Stamp sets. I cut a Canson Watercolor paper at 4' x 9". Using an anti-static tool, I prepared the paper for embossing. I used Versafine Onyx Black ink. I started by stamping the top part of the street sign by inking only the top portion of the image. I didn't mask the stamp. Being a simple image, I was able to wipe off any stray ink.
I applied clear embossing powder to the stamped image and heat set it. I embossed in between stamping. To keep the paper from warping, I just made sure that the heat gun is warm enough before heating the powder.
This stamp image only comes with two street signs. To create more street signs, I applied ink to the street signs and repeatedly stamped the signs until I came up with the number of signs I want for my card. Once I am at the last street sign, I applied ink up to the bottom of the post.
I stamped the sentiments using the same ink. I also embossed these sentiments using clear embossing powder. For the bottom street sign, I stamped a heart image, which is not a part of the Neat and Tangle stamp sets. I heat embossed this using Ranger Red Tinsel embossing powder. I re-stamped the heart, and repeated the process of embossing it just to make the heart more vibrant and glittery.
I followed the color of the rainbow in coloring the signs. I used TimI Holtz Distress Crayons. I blended two colors on some using Zig Watercolor Brush. I colored the post with Kirarina Wink silver marker.
Before I blended the inks for the background, I applied Fineline masking fluid to the images. I got lazy and applied the fluid to the edges of the images only. The inks I used in blending contaminated the unmasked portions of the sign. It still turned out okay. Next time, I will mask the signs with Post-It notes, cutting it slightly smaller, then i will apply the masking fluid around the masking paper. The masking fluid is great to use on images that are small to paper mask.
I used Tim Holtz Distress inks to blend. I masked the bottom part of the panel to create a corner curb to ground the post. I started from the bottom with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves. I didn't like the transition of color from the Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves, so I blended Faded Jeans on top of the Peacock Feathers. Once I was happy with the blending, I applied some Tim Holtz Distress Stain Picket Fence on an acrylic block. I spritz this with water to dilute it a little bit. I picked this up with a watercolor brush and tapped the brush on top of the panel to create fine splatters. The big splatters were created by sweeping the ink from the acrylic block towards the panel. I patted the splatters with a dry cloth.
For the ground, I mask the blended area. I used Walnut Stain and Black Soot for this area. Using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Border, I embossed dots on the curb side, making sure I avoid the post. I repeated this embossing to create two lines.
For the card base, I cut a white cardstock at 7 1/2" x 9". I scored this in the middle to create a 3 3/4" x 9" card. I trimmed the inked panel to create a 3 1/2" x 9" panel. I adhered a washi tape to the cardbase and adhered the panel to this.
To embellish this further, I applied clear Wink of Stella to the signs. Then, I applied Glossy Accents to the signs. Make sure to allow this to dry overnight and not be as impatient as I am. I did mess up some of the signs. I fixed it to the best I can since this is the last step to creating this card.
Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!
Maria Giselle B.
I am submitting this creation to: