Monday, June 20, 2016

Embossed Reindeer Digital Print


The moment I saw this image, I fell in love with it. Isn't the reindeer cute? Most of the images from JUST ME are cute so check out the other DTs creations featuring the other images.

I started off by uploading the Reindeer and tag images to the Cricut Design Space. I edited the tag by erasing the sentiment since I plan to use another sentiment. The CDS comes with a canvas that allows you to size the images depending on your project.

I love My Mind's Eye and one of their Christmas collections, the Sleigh Bells Ring, inspired me for this card. I know it is too early to think about Christmas but this is the only season where reindeers are pretty much associated with. I even search the net to check if there are other occasions reindeers are used as an embellishment in card. You are right, only during Christmas. It is never too early to make Christmas cards, anyway.


I am using an old patterned paper collection from Glitz Design. I prepared the patterned papers for embossing. I had the Cricut Explore draw the images on patterned paper using a Ranger Embossing pen. I embossed the images using Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I made sure the heat gun is hot enough before heating the powder and to move the heat gun while heating to prevent the patterned paper from warping. I fuzzy cut the images leaving a small margin around the image.


To create the wreath, I cut a ring on a transparency using My Favorite Things Circle Stax. I die cut some felt which I bought from Target using Paper Smooches Bow dies and Pocket dies. I adhered the center dot using Tombow Mono Multi glue. I tried stitching on this small dot but I wasn't coming up with the effect I wanted. The dot was too small.


I wrapped a gold twine around the ring acetate. I adhered the bows on this and allowed it to dry. I stamped the sentiment on the tag using a Hero Arts Christmas stamp. I colored the reindeer with color pencils for more accent. I adhered a red star sequin on the star hanging from the reindeer's antler.


I am using an Ellen Hutson Woodgrain cardstock for the card base. I cut another patterned paper from the same collection at 4"x5 1/2". I embossed the edges with Lawn Fawn Stitched Border dies. I adhered this to the card base. I applied liquid glue to the back of the acetate wreath and applied foam tapes to the back of the reindeer. I adhered the tag on the bottom. I applied more foam tapes to the back to secure the die cuts, doubling the foam on some of them.

This is part of the Incy Wincy Buttons and Bows challenge. Hope you come join our challenge.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B. 


Image Sponsor

3 comments:

  1. I don't ever think it's too early to think about Christmas! It had to be about 100 degrees outside today, so I found this card adorable AND refreshingly "cool" (no pun intended). I really liked the metallic touches you added and thought the bows were so cleverly arranged. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card and colour combo. Love it! Thanks for joining the challenges at The Paper SHelter - good luck, Liz x

    ReplyDelete