Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watercolored Pattern Die Card


I did partial die cutting or partial die embossing on a watercolor card. To do this, I first laid the sentiment stamp onto the back of the pattern die. I drew lines using a pencil and a T-square around the stamp. This will be my guide as to where I will line up one of the cutting plates when I do my die cutting. I would like to leave the center without any impression for stamping of the sentiment later on.

I painted each quilted section using the Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi. I just painted it loosely, making sure the color is within the quilt block. I dry this using a heat gun.

To give the center a tint of color, using a paint brush, I wet the area. I applied Tim Holtz Antique Linen on a palette. I dabbed a small amount of this and applied it to the wet center of the panel, just to get a wash of the color. I dried this with a heat gun.

I applied my powder tool to this area, stamped the sentiment using Versamark ink, applied Ranger Copper embossing powder, then heat set it. I adhered sequins for added embellishment.

I trimmed this panel and adhered it to a dark brown cardstock with a foam adhesive. This is then adhered to a white note card.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Die: Lil' Inker Quilted Stitched Pattern Die
Stamp: Lil' Inker Greetings & Salutations

I am submitting this creation to:



2 comments:

  1. Love how you did this background! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Maria! I love the water coloured background it's lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete