Saturday, September 26, 2015

Balloon Shaped Birthday Card


This is an excess stamped watercolor card when I was doing my watercolor cards series. I was going to use it for a new card but the card didn't work out, and I've already cut this watercolor panel into a circle. Since the challenged for Mama Elephant for this month is shaped card, I decided to make it into a balloon. I made several versions of this card, so this is a remake with different upgrades.
http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2014/03/card-lifted-shaped-balloon-card.html
http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2014/03/another-happy-birthday-balloon-card.html

I first inked the watercolor panel with Tim Holtz Distress ink (Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick) with the plan to create an ombre colored panel. I stamped the stars using white pigment ink around the sentiment, occasionally double stamping the image. I had to press the stars with my finger to even out the ink and remove the harsh edges. I ink the sides of the panel.

To create the shaped card, I cut 2 more circles using white cardstock, and also created the tip of the balloon using a triangle shaped scrap of patterned paper. I used a decorative edge scissor to cut the end of the balloon. I inked this as well. I made two of these, one for the front panel and the other for the back panel.

I adhered a circle cardstock to the front inked panel. This will hide the balloon tip. This will also hold  and hide the end of the twine which I taped to the back of the watercolor panel. I wrapped the twine onto the balloon tip, applying liquid glue to keep it in place. I stacked 3 die cut ribbons. I applied Wink of Stella in clear on this ribbons for added glimmer. I adhered this to the balloon tip and adhered a gem to it.

For the back, I scored the second white circle cardstock, about a fourth from the top. I applied adhesive to this area then adhered it to the back of the cardfront. I applied a small dot of glue to the tip of the triangle and lined it up with the triangle on the front of the card. You may add fourth circle cardstock to hide the triangle on the back panel.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Mama Elephant Make A Wish

I am submitting this creation to:











1 comment:

  1. hello Maria! I LUV this balloon....gorgeous, the gold embossing is amazing, really pops! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete