Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Shaped Ombre Watercolored Birthday Card

This is second in a series of cards that I created for the Mama Elephant August Challenge featuring watercolors. I am planning to create several cards using different watercolor mediums. For this card, I am using the Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi.

I stamped the sentiment using ME Make A Wish stamp set on watercolor paper using Versamark ink. I applied gold embossing powder to the sentiment, then heat embossed it.

I brushed water onto this stamped watercolor paper. I applied the color to the bottom area of the panel where I want the darkest shade to be. I allowed the water on the watercolor paper to move this color. I added more water to the top area where I want it to be lightest. I used a heat gun to dry this panel.

I cut this panel 3 3/4" wide. I layered a patterned paper underneath it which is cut at 4". The basecard is a top folding A2card. I die cut the bottom edge of the panel, the patterned paper and the basecard using the ME Borderline Trios Creative Cuts to make it into a shaped card. I eyeballed the length on where to die cut, as long as they come out layered just like the sides of the card.

To fill the space on top of the watercolored panel, I used the string stamp from the ME Confetti stamp set. I stamped this three times using a gold dye ink. I used this impression as a guide where to glue the gold twine. I know I could just have wrapped the twine around the panel instead of doing this but I just thought this is another way of embellishing stamped images.

I looped the twine around my two fingers a couple of times. I pinched the center to create the bow. I don't have a gold enamel dot, so I colored a clear one using Kirarina Wink Glitter Pen in gold. I adhered this to the center of the bow.

I layered the papers and adhered it on top of the other. I applied a clear dimensional tape at the shaped edge to lift it a little bit.




Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.
 
I submitted this creation to the following challenge:



No comments:

Post a Comment