Monday, August 24, 2015

Postage Stamp Inspired Watercolor Card

I watched a video by Technique Tuesday http://techniquetuesday.typepad.com/ideasandinspiration/2015/08/new-video-add-color-with-masking-save-up-to-75-on-fall-winter-items.html. I got inspired to re-create the card. At the same time, I am continuing my Watercolor card series using different mediums. For this card, I am using the Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush pens.



Using the Mame Elephant Peek-a-Frame Creative cuts, I cut a watercolor paper with the postage edge die. I taped this to a board, masking the edges to reveal a rectangular center where I will do my watercoloring. I painted the bottom part with the darker blue and the upper part with the lighter blue, leaving the center uncolored. I blended the colors towards the center using a watered brush. I dried this using my heat tool.

I stamped the penguin from the ME Arctic Penguins stamp set using Stazon ink. After I did this, I realized that the penguin will retain the dark blue color of the background. I didn't want to start all over again. To hopefully fix it, I colored the white part of penguin with white Wink of Stella and it worked. The tip of the Wink of Stella did get some blue tint which disappeared after I brushed this on scrap paper.

I stamped the sentiment using ME Make a Wish stamp set, applied black glitter embossing powder to it, then heat embossed it. I pounced Ranger Perfect Pearls to the dark blue portion of the panel. To set this, I spritz some water into the air, then fan the panel into it. To create some ice-like embellishments, I applied several thin lines of Glossy Accents, then poured some  Tim Holtz Distress Clear Rock Candy glitter onto it. I allowed this to dry. I removed this panel from my palette board. I have some bleeding at the edges but I think it is okay.

I was going to adhere star sequins to this panel but changed my mind to stamping stars and using WOW! White Pearl Embossing powder. The stars are also a part of the ME Make a Wish Stamp set.



To pop up the panel, I matted this on a patterned paper and a black cardstock. To add more detail, I cut the patterned paper with the stitched die from the ME Peek-a-Frame Creative cuts. I did partial die cutting to create a slightly smaller cut. I stamped the edges of the black cardstock with ME Boutique Borders set. I stamped the stitched part of the border towards the edge of the stamp, with the scallop edge facing the patterned paper mat. I thought this will tie in with the stitched impression on the patterned paper. I used Versamark to stamp the border, applied the pearl embossing powder and heat set it.



The panels were adhered on top of each other using foam adhesive, then adhered to a white note card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to the following blog:


No comments:

Post a Comment