Saturday, July 11, 2015

Girl Throwing Confetti Stars Card

After learning this month's Mama Elephant's challenge, I came up with an idea of a kid throwing rainbow colored stars up in the air. Luckily, I have several Mama Elephant products that will allow me to create this idea.

I first stamp the girl from In My Heart Stamp set on a white cardstock. I restamped this image on a Post-It note which I will use as mask. I fussy cut this and covered the girl.

I die cut another Post-It using the slope die from the Borderline Trio. I will use this as a mask to ink up and create a hill where the girl is standing. I attached the sky portion of the Post-It first. I used two green dye inks to create some shading.  Before removing this mask, I lined up the hill portion of the Post-It, covering the previously ink blended hill. This time, I used three dye inks to create the shading. Once I am happy with the shading, I took the masks off and colored the girl using Copics.

To create the border stitching, I ran this panel through a Big Shot machine using the Peek-a-Frame Die. I stamped the sentiment using the Everyday Greetings stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I applied clear embossing powder to this then heat set it. For the 'you're' part of the sentiment, I used the 'you're a good egg' sentiment from Just Hatched. I masked the rest of the sentiment using tape, and inked only the 'you're' part. I removed the tape, stamped this onto the top of the initial sentiment using the same ink and also heat embossing it with clear powder.

To create the stars, I adhered double sided tape to white cardstock. After removing the release paper, I poured Elizabeth Crafts glitter to this. I burnish the glitter using my finger and running a Swifter cloth over it. I colored this using Copics. I use the Confetti die to cut the stars. I poured this onto the panel to help me with the layout of the stars. After all, it is supposed to be a confetti thrown up in the air by a little girl. I just made sure the colors are evenly distributed.

This panel is then adhered to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 note card.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I submitted this to the following challenges:



1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! She reminds me of Boo in Monsters. Sweet stars! Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete