Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Rainbow Father's Day Card

I know it's late for Father's Day but I owe my Amang (that's one ways of calling dad in Filipino) a card. He won't get this right away since my sister will personally deliver this to him when she goes back to the Philippines after her 2-month vacation here.

My first plan is to use watercolor brush on this brush stroke stamp by directly applying color to the clear stamp. This technique didn't make a good impression on the stamped image so I used dye ink.

For the sentiment, I wanted to use the label die. I looked through my stash for a stamp set that will fit the label. I came up with an alphabet die which was hard to line up even if it is a clear stamp. I cut the letters individually to be able to line it up. To match the red of the stamped red brush stroke, I inked a white cardstock, then allowed this to dry before I die cut the label.


I did some masking to create Happy Day from the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment stamp. This was heat embossed using clear/black powder. The label is adhered between these sentiments with foam tape to give it depth. I adhered this on a black note card with foam tape.

The circles were created by adhering washi tapes on white cardstock. I die cut this using the middle-sized circle die. After I scattered and adhered these circles to the cardfront, I applied Glossy Accents to it.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Stamp: Avery Elle Brushed Clear, JillyBean 
Die: Avery Elle Custom Panels

I am submitting this creation to the following blogs:





No comments:

Post a Comment