Monday, May 11, 2015

Inlaid Shaker Flocked Mother's Day Card

Belated Happy Mother's Day to my Inang and all moms out there. I just finished my Inang's mother's day card. Better late, than never!

For this card, I used inlay technique. I cut four different colored cardstocks at 4 1/4 x 5 1/5. I placed the largest metal die flower on the center for placement. I used the curved edged die to cut the cardstocks into different sections keeping in mind the color order of my pattern. The cut ups can be used for another card to avoid waste. I didn't make one but I'll look through the cut scraps to see what I can come up with.

The focal point of this card is the middle section. I cut the flower using a red cardstock. I heat embossed this die cut with a red glittered embossing powder. This allowed me to plan the placement of stamping for the leaves. I used a die ink to stamp the leaves, then Versamark ink. Now, I really wish I have the Misti tool. But for now, I used a stamp positioner. The leaves were stamped using one ink only. I double stamped and triple stamped the other leaves to create different shades of green. I then die cut the flower.


I created a shaker behind the flower, backing the flower with some acetate. I realized I should have backed the red cardstock with a double sided adhesive sheet so I don't have to deal with the mess of the liquid glue on acetate. I used an alcohol swab to clean off the dried glue on the acetate. I inlaid this to the yellow cardstock. I placed foam tape on the back of this.

For the shaker, I cut some hexagon shapes using the smallest hexagon metal die. I cut this on glittered white paper. I added some colored sequins as a shaker element. I also decided to flock the black curved strip for some added texture. Flocking sure is a mess!



For the sentiment, I masked the word 'oh.' I heat embossed the sentiment using white powder. I splattered some white watercolor on this section. I created a palette of white paint first on an acrylic block. Using a paintbrush, I swept this paint puddle towards the card. The closer your acrylic block to the paper, the bigger the splatter. I dried this with a heat gun. To complete the sentiment, I stamped the word 'mother's' on vellum and heat embossed it on white as well.

For the top section, I stamped the three dots using a pink dye ink. I used second generation stamping to make the color subtler for this background section.



Too many techniques used for this card. I hope my Inang loves it.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Metal Die: Avery Elle Custom Panel, Ellen Hutson Bold Blooms Stand Alone
Stamp: Ellen Hutson Bold Blooms, Mama Elephant
Ink: Versamark, Close To My Heart
Powder: Embossing-Hero Arts, Ranger; Flocking-Martha Stewart
Paint: Kuretake Gansai Tambi

I am submitting this creation to the following blogs:









8 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to use this die to make a shaker card, Maria! And I love the sketch/design you used! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesay challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that gorgeous rose! I love what you did here! So excited to have you sharing with Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! What a creative shaker! Love it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty card. I love the rose die. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Come back and see us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Loves Rubberstamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the unusual composition here, so original! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea for a shaker card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great BOLD card! I love the floral die! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete