Monday, February 16, 2015

More Shaker Valentine's Treat Holder

For my second son, who is in 4th Grade, he chose Pop Rocks for Valentine's treat. I used my Cricut Imagine and Cricut Fabulous Finds Cartridge to create the holder. As with my lollipop shaker treat holder, I created the shaker card in reverse. The window is a part of the image cut. I adhered the acetate, then dimensional tape around the window on the reverse side of the holder. It is a easier to adhere the dimensional tape on this design since it is a square. I poured confetti to the area. Since this is a large window, I can be generous with the confetti. I embellished the backer of the shaker with the cut out heart from the lollipop shaker treat which I also stamped with a forever friends sentiment.



My initial plan is to close the treat with a washi tape. But it won't stay shut so I used a We R Memory Keepers Envelope Notcher Punch. I don't know if it was the paper but I had a hard time punching the hole. I almost gave up in using this since I already wasted a treat holder in trying to punch a notch on the patterned paper. I practiced before I actually used the puncher on the treat holderss and I didn't have any trouble. But I like how it kept the treat holder shut without using additional adhesive to the design.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment