Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy Birthday, Inang!

My Inang's birthday is coming up soon. I created a card for this challenge with her birthday in mind.



I die cut the flower using Cricut Florals Embellished cartridge. I used this cartridge rarely because of the intricate cuts and multiple layers. But I think the flower images in this cartridge is comparable to the large flower stamps that is out in the market right now. I cut the image on watercolor paper. I have to use the multicut function for the top layer. It is either the watercolor paper is too thick for my blade or my blade needs changing that's why my first cutting attempt was a fail.

I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to sponge the color in. I mixed two colors to create a bold color. For the back piece, I just used one color for a lighter effect. I sponged the color where it can be viewed from the intricate cut. I spritz some diluted Perfect Pearl to the flower which is partly captured in the photo.

The black background piece was embossed using Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder. The floral pink patterned paper comes from a 6x6 Forever Friends paper pad given to me by my sister which she bought from National Bookstore, Philippines. (At last, I was able to use it!) The sentiment is heat embossed using white powder. It is a CTMH stamp.

Again, Happy Birthday, Inang! I hope you like your card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this to the challenge below:

Photo inspiration
 

2 comments:

  1. Love that bright flower! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you cut watercolor paper in your die cutter! Cool effect. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete