Thursday, November 28, 2013

Love, Joy, Peace


This is the second card I am submitting to Hero Arts Holiday Challenge under the category of A Few of My Favorite Things. I used the stamp sets Hexagons & Journal Letters. I also used my Hero Arts Ink Pads in Neon Green, Soft Leaf and Field Greens.  I love hexagons which inspired me to make this card. I used one color for each sentiment: Neon Green & Platinum embossing powder for peace; Field Greens  & Red Tinsel embossing powder for love; Soft Leaf & Gold embossing powder for joy. For letters that connect the words, like the e for peace and love, and o for love and joy, I mixed two embossing powders, gold and red for o, and platinum and red for e.  


I cut a snowflake using vellum with my Cricut machine. I embellished the snowflake with red twine and crystal star gem at the center, and crystal gems at the ends.


I inked the edges of the hexagons with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye.  I also used this in inking the edges of the striped pattern paper.  This striped patterned paper was dry embossed using a striped patterned embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.  The polka dotted patterned paper, with the main focus of the card, was popped-up with foam tapes.


I am also submitting this to SSS Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please visit again.

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment