Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another try

I am submitting this card to this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Trend Watch Challenge. I used the Cyber Café stamp (which is one of 2 Paper Smooches stamps that I own) to create the elements in this card. The techniques I used to make this card is mirror stamping to create a flower vase from the cup solid stamp. I heat embossed, paper pieced it, applied embossing ink, embossing powder, then heat embossed it again. This seems to hide the imperfections of my paper piecing. I colored the outline coffee bean stamp using Copic markers & paper pieced it. This served as my flower petals. For the leaf, I used the tea leaf stamp, colored it & paper pieced it as well. I glued the tips only so I can fold the petals to make it dimensional. I did some masking on my sentiment stamp to create a 1-lined sentiment instead of using the original 2-lined sentiment.  And this is the result...
 


Finished card

Close-up of the flowers. I used Ink of Stella to line the middle of the flowers & leaves. I used Glossy Accents for the center of the flowers.
 
I used vellum to stamp & heat emboss my sentiment.
 
The blog site...
Visit our Challenge blog
The inspiration...
 
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely looooooooooove this card! I LOVE that the flower petals are COFFEE BEANS! ACK! Clever!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!! Hope you will play along this week-- it's a SKETCH:) <3

    ps... I'll be emailing you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you also have a gold vase.. and that is very very creative to use coffee beans!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete